by Lennert Dorman on October 12, 2009
Some observations for Week 2.
- Apparently Google Wave users don’t use Twitter to talk about Google Wave. That’s understandable given the fact that Google Wave talks and tweets as much as Twitter does.
- Don’t really know if anybodies invites have been activated. On Twitter I’ve seen some messages come by which indicate they might not.
- The spam on Twitter about Google Waves is annoying to say the least.
- And of course there’s a plethora of Google Wave scams. And like lemmings people fall for it: http://www.tech65.org/2009/10/11/psa-beware-of-google-wave-scam-sites/
- Apparently Google started sending out invites to the first round of invitees. New users are not able to invite. http://lifehacker.com/5379738/google-wave-sends-invites-to-first-round-of-invitees
Status as of this moment: 100.000 initial invites + 800.000 potential second round invites + unknown number of people who Google ‘forgot’ to invite.